A lovely little dessert that will impress your sweetheart
- 12 large fresh strawberries
- 8 oz dark chocolate bar
- 8 oz white chocolate bar
- Wash and dry strawberries
- In a double boiler (or glass bowl over simmering water), melt white chocolate. You may need to add a bit of butter or milk to thin the white chocolate.
- Using a thick straw,core the strawberry by inserting it at pointed end. This will leave a channel that will be used to fill with white chocolate.
- Place melted white chocolate in a zip lock sandwich bag and cut bottom corner off to create a pastry bag.
- Carefully fill the channel of the strawberry with the white chocolate.
- Using a cupcake tin, stand strawberries upright to allow chocolate to set.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutest (or until chocolate is set).
- In a separate bowl, melt dark chocolate.
- Carefully dip filled strawberries into melted dark chocolate to coat, leaving stem visible.
- Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chocolate sets.
- Using remaining white chocolate, drizzle over chocolate dipped strawberries as shown.
- Place back in refrigerator to set.
- Serve with champagne.