Sweet & Smoky Caramel Corn is a delicious movie night snack that will bring the family together.
Join us! Check out Assassin's Creed, in theaters December 21st.
Buy 2 Pop-Secret 10 ct or 10+2 ct bonus packs at Walmart between 12/7/16 - 1/8/17 and get an $8 credit toward a ticket to the Assassin’s Creed movie while supplies last.
A sweet and smoky snack that is perfect for family movie night.
- 2 bags Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 ounces salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- Pop two bags of popcorn and place in large container (that is large enough to be able to stir hot caramel in without running over). Add cashews.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup and stir frequently over medium heat until mixture reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Then pour mixture over popcorn and mix with spatula until well coated.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chipotle powder over half of popcorn.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the other half of the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to sit at room temperature until chocolate sets (about 15 minutes)
- Break up popcorn into smaller pieces and store in an air tight container.