Caprese Pork Sliders scream summertime, with loads of seasonal flavor in one juicy bite.
It’s that time of year again: when tomatoes actually look like tomatoes, herbs are growing exponentially on the back deck, and most meals are made on the grill. Yes, it’s summer, and all is well with the world.
We’ve been busy working on some great summer things with our friends at Farm Promise®, and we cannot wait to share them. We’ve created some new original recipes, and we’ve been cooking up some of their time-tested favorites, styling and photographing them to get the word out about the goodness of Farm Promise® pork.
These Caprese Pork Sliders came from the executive chefs at Farm Promise®, and they are just too good not to share with superman cooks readers. Caprese alone is enough to peak our interest; few combinations are better than vine-ripened tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. But when we added Farm Promise® pork patties to mix, it truly was love at first bite.
There are so many reasons we love Farm Promise® pork. Their motto “good comes from good” really resonates with us. We care about where our food comes from, especially when it comes to feeding our family. Farm Promise® pork comes from Pennsylvania (yay!) farmers who care deeply about the welfare of their animals. They receive a high quality, vegetarian diet, and they stand behind the promise of never administering any growth promotants, hormones, or antibiotics—ever. This truly is good food that we can feel good about. When Keith assembled these Caprese sliders, fresh off the grill, our entire family was drawn to the kitchen. I had to shoo the kids away to get my shots! We were grateful that we had more pork to grill up, as these delicious sliders disappeared fast. They represent all that it great about summer, combining a mix of bold flavors all in one perfect, juicy bite.
- 6 oz. Farm Promise® ground pork
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped and 6 fresh, whole basil leaves
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 sesame buns
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, and chopped basil. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 30 minutes (this is the basil aioli).
- Heat grill.
- Season ground pork with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Form three 2 oz. slider patties.
- Grill patties for 6-7 minutes, or until fully cooked, flipping half way through grilling.
- About a minute before grilling is done, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Right before serving, toast sesame buns on the grill for about a minute.
- Place sliders on toasted buns, then pile high with tomato, fresh basil, and basil aioli.