We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What you may not know is that breakfast is undoubtedly my favorite meal of the day! The problem is that (during normal times) I never have enough time to enjoy a proper breakfast. It usually consists of cereal, a smoothie or a hastily put together granola bowl. I always try to start the day in a healthy way, which is why I was THRILLED to discover that Bob’s Red Mill was introducing their new Instant Oatmeal Packets! I could make some Tropical Oatmeal!
We created these colorful Oatmeal Bowls using Bob’s Red Mill Classic Instant Oatmeal Packets to show off how easy it is to make a simple meal look gourmet. Still unable to travel to someplace warm, we were inspired to bring the Island spirit home. This deliciously healthy breakfast bowl can be ready in just a few minutes with just a bit of planning.
What I love about this breakfast is that I can incorporate it into my Sunday Meal Prep routine. Pre-chopping all of the ingredients and refrigerating them in single serving containers means we can enjoy this healthy and satisfying breakfast all week long. I like to vary the proportion of each ingredient depending on how I’m feeling each day. Think lots of pineapple and coconut, and maybe a little extra honey!
Prepping and Substitutions:
Chop all of the fruit the night before and refrigerate in single serve containers
Absolutely! Although we think toasted fresh coconut is amazing, you can easily substitute store bought to save time.
YES! We recommend Brown Sugar & Maple (then eliminate the honey).
With Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal, you know you are starting with the best. Made with gluten-free whole grain oats and flaxseed meal, this fiber-rich breakfast is a great way to start the day. And, there are no artificial flavors or colors! Just pop it in the microwave, and it’s ready in minutes. Top it with some fresh fruits and nuts, and you have a fancy resort style breakfast in your own kitchen.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Bob's Red Mill. All opinions are our own.Print
- 1 packet Bob's Red Mill Classic Instant Oatmeal
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup almond milk (or your favorite nut milk)
- ¼ cup pineapple (chopped into pieces)
- ½ kiwi (sliced thin)
- 1 Tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut
- honey (to taste)
- edible flowers (to garnish)
- Place oats in microwave safe bowl and add water. Stir.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1:30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add nut milk (optional).
- Top with pineapple, kiwi, toasted coconut, pepitas.
- Drizzle with honey
- Garnish with edible flowers.
- Almond milk (nut milk) gives oatmeal a creamier taste, but is not necessary.
- Fresh coconut can be substituted with Store bought coconut to save time.
- Feel free to change it up by playing with proportions or adding different fruits.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: oatmeal, whole grain, oats, Bob's Red Mill, instant oatmeal, tropical, pineapple, coconut, on the go, fast, easy