Have I mentioned by chance our undying love of mashed potatoes? At Superman Cooks, there will never be too many potato recipes. We don't need an excuse to eat potatoes, and we can't stop coming up with new ways to prepare them. While our Amazing Mashed Potatoes are our go-to recipe, we thought we could raise the bar a bit this Thanksgiving. I have to give Jackie credit for this one, as she loves truffles almost as much as I love potatoes. Just like Jackie and I, truffles and mashed potatoes make a great pair. While real truffles are incredible, they are also very expensive and not always easy to find The next best thing is truffle oil, which adds a richness and complexity to an already stellar dish.And what compliments truffles? Mushrooms of course! Mushrooms are another of our favorite healthy additions to any dish. Combining mushrooms and truffle oil is a decadent and very satisfying way to make mashed potatoes sexy. Once you make these one time, we can promise that you will be making them often and doubling the recipe to make sure you have leftovers. Remember heating up our mashed potatoes the next day will taste just as good as the day you made them because of our special ingredient: cream cheese. The truffle oil just makes them even richer. Who knew this was possible?
Truffle Mashed Potatoes
An All American side dish with a French flair.
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 lbs 1x
- 3 pounds yellow gold potatoes
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 TBSP butter
- ½ C milk
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup truffle oil or truffle infused olive oil
- 1 TBSP fresh chives, chopped
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2 inch pieces
- Boil potatoes over high heat until a fork slides off easily when inserted.
- Drain and place in mixing bowl.
- With an electric hand mixer, mix in cream cheese, butter and milk.
- Mix until whipped and well blended.
- Cover and place in a warm place to stay warm.
- Slice and dice mushrooms into ⅛ pieces to resemble oatmeal.
- Place vegetable oil in a small sauté pan and cook mushrooms until browned over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic powder to mushrooms
- Pour mushroom mixture over potatoes and mix in until well combined.
- Add truffle oil and mix into potatoes.
- Place in serving dish, sprinkle with chives, and drizzle truffle oil over the top.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: French American
Sounds awesome! How many does this recipe serve??
Thanks so much for visiting us! The recipe serves 6-8. Hope you have a chance to try it! Let us know!
Audreanna Smith says
That's one great recipe. And I am planning to cook that on Friday for our gathering. I heard a lot that truffle can use as an ingredient in a dish. But aside from that as I read in this article https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/common-misconceptions-and-myths/magic-mushrooms-cause-the-brain-to-bleed/ that it has good benefits also in our body and it can be used as a medicine as well.