A no beef version that is tasty, nutty and has a touch of heat to keep you wanting more.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 C chopped pistachios
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 Slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 eggs
- fresh chives
- 10-12 banana peppers
- Place bread in a medium-sized bowl. Pour milk over bread and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add turkey, eggs, chopped nuts, mustard and milk along with soaked bread.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice peppers in half length wise and remove seeds and stems.
- Coat bottom of 10x13 baking dish with olive oil.
- Stuff each half pepper with turkey mixture and lay pepper side down in baking dish.
- Continue until all peppers are stuffed.
- Cover peppers with crushed tomatoes and cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with snipped fresh chives.