A garden fresh pizza made with roasted vegetables and a light olive oil and herb base.
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 C warm water (110 degrees)
- 3 3/4 C flour (plus 1/2 C for kneading)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 green pepper
- 1 ear corn
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 onion
- fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the water and mix in with fingers.
- Let sit until yeast becomes cloudy and foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 3/4 C flour and salt add the yeast mixture and mix until a ball forms. Transfer to floured board and knead until smooth ball forms.
- Place dough in a large bowl and coat lightly with oil.
- Cover with towel and place bowl in warm area and allow dough to rise, about 2 hours.
- Place whole potatoes in sauce pan, cover with water and boil until potatoes slide off of a fork. Remove and allow to cool (this can be done a day in advance)
- While dough is rising, place husked ear of corn over burner of stove and turn until charred.
- Julienne green pepper, banana pepper and onion.
- Slice potatoes and place on baking sheet. Place in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Take dough from bowl and place on lightly greased pizza pan. Press into edges.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat with whole cloves of garlic in oil. Heat for 5 minutes and then remove garlic.
- Drizzle half the oil onto the crust and top with Italian seasoning and roasted vegetables.
- Top with cherry tomatoes (cut in half).
- Cut mozzarella into small pieces and place on top of vegetables.
- Place pizza in 400 degree oven until crust is golden brown
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining oil. Top with fresh rosemary.