An amazing light meal packed with flavor
- 8 ounces mahi mahi or your favorite fish
- 6 oz beer
- 4–5 TBSP. Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 C shredded red cabbage
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 TBSP. Mayonnaise
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tsp chipotle sauce from can of chipotle pepper
- 1 finely diced chipotle pepper
- 1tsp dried chili powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Oil to fry in
- FOR THE CHIPOLTE MAYO
- Place mayo in a small bowl and add the diced chipolte pepper and the sauce and mix well.
- TO MAKE THE FISH FOR THE TACO
- Start by placing about 3 inches of cooking oil in a deep sauce pan and heat to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk with fork.
- Add the 6 oz of beer( your favorite will work)
- Mix the flour in 1 TBSP at a time under the batter resembles pancake batter.
- Add the baking powder and chili powder and mix to combine.
- Cut fish into small strips about 1/4 in x 2 inches long.
- Dip fish pieces into batter and place in hot oil about 4-6 pieces at a time.
- Be careful to not overcrowd the oil because this will drop the temperature too low and the fish will become oily.
- Cook fish for about 1-2 minutes and turn over to cook for another 1-2 min until batter is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to plate lined with paper towels.
- Continue to cook until all fish has been cooked.
- NOW TIME TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
- In a sauté pan over medium heat warm the corn tortillas for 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on plate.
- Place some of the shredded cabbage in the tortilla next add 2-3 pieces of the battered fish.
- Drizzle the chipolte mayo over the fish and finish off with salsa and a little bit of chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite rice or the rice recipe we shared in an earlier post.