Valentine Coconut Pudding Pastries are simple holiday recipe that says “I love you”. This year, Jackie decided to give me a few ideas for a Valentine’s Day treat. She felt strongly about something made with fresh berries and dark chocolate. Jackie and I work really well together, and this is exactly how a lot of our recipes begin. She finds an inspiration, then I throw out some ideas and we “discuss”. I can tell immediately what she thinks of my suggestions, as my girl does not have a good poker face. These Valentine Coconut Pudding Pastries began as one thing in my head, and evolved into this tasty treat as I worked in the kitchen. I created this recipe especially for the guys this year. Unfortunately, most men have the reputation of not being able to create desserts, and I would like to change that. Now traditionally, I would have made this filling from scratch, but I wanted to make this super simple. You can choose to tell your loved one that you used pudding from a mix, but I am sure that it won’t really be a topic of discussion once she has one bite. We simply cut puff pastry using a cookie cutter, baked them, pulled the first few layers off, and then filled them with deliciousness. These Valentine Coconut Pudding Pastries can be translated into other shapes for different holidays, or any other time of year. For a birthday, cut round shapes and fill them with ice cream and sprinkles. For Easter, use an egg cutter, peanut butter pie filling and chocolate drizzle, and you are instantly a culinary genius. Be sure to let us know what ideas you come up with to celebrate any occasion.
A simple Valentines recipe that will bring you and your loved one even closer this holiday.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 C vanilla pudding
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1/2 C fresh coconut
- 1 chocolate bar
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions. Using a heart cookie cutter, cut shapes in pastry and place on baking sheet.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, spread coconut onto a baking sheet and place in oven along with puff pastry. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Remove puff pastry from oven and allow to cool. Remove top half of pastry and set aside.
- Mix coconut and pudding together and fill the bottom half of the pastry.
- Top with chopped berries and shaved chocolate. Hinge top of heart on top and serve.