A delicious warm dessert that brings the flavors and scents of the holiday together
- 1 Macintosh apple
- 2 pears
- 20 ginger snap cookies
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, seed and dice apple and pears and place in bowl covered with water
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 1 TBSP butter and add white sugar.
- Drain apples and pears and add to sauté pan, adding cinnamon and allspice.
- Mix thoroughly and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar and butter have melted and fruit is coated.
- Transfer to 3-8 ounce oven-safe dishes (a bread pan will work as well).
- In a food processor, pulverize the ginger snaps and place them in a bowl.
- Chop the pecans into small pieces and add to the ginger snaps.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Melt remaining butter and add to mixture, stirring well to "wet" cookie/nut mix.
- Top fruit mixture with crumb topping and place dish(es) on baking sheet to catch drippings.
- Bake for 20 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and top with ice cream or powdered sugar.