A whole wheat healthy pancake with great flavor and limited guilt.
- 1 C milk
- 1 TBSP. vinegar
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 TBSP melted margarine
- 1 large peach ripe
- 1/2 pistachios shelled and chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar with the milk and allow to set for 5 minutes (the milk will curdle)
- Add the melted margarine and the egg to the milk and mix until combined and smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined. Note: you want to have lumps in the mixture (if you mix too much the pancakes will be tough and not fluffy).
- Cut the peach and dice into 1/4 inch pieces
- Chop the pistachios into small crumbs
- Heat griddle or skillet over med-high heat and spray with cooking spray or melt a small amount of butter to keep pancakes from sticking
- With a ladle, pour batter into pan and add 1 TBSP of both peaches and pistachios to pancake.
- Allow to cook until edges are pulling up and you notice air bubbles in pancake ( approx 2-3 min)
- Flip pancakes over and continue to cook for two minutes
- Repeat until all batter is used
- Place pancakes on plate and top with peaches and pistachios
- A small amount of butter is all that's needed to make these pancakes a hit in your house.