a healthier muffin made with wheat flour garden fresh zucchini and chunks of dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 C zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 C buttermilk
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3.5 oz dark chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Fill muffin tins with paper cups
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar) together in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, canola oil, and vanilla extract in separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together by hand to combine. It is okay to have a lumpy texture.
- Mix in shredded zucchini and chocolate chunks (reserving a handful of chocolate for topping)
- Using and ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups to the top for a full-sized muffin
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate over tops of muffins before placing in oven
- Bake muffins for about 25 minutes (until tops are golden brown)
- Serve warm with a pat of butter.