A fast, easy, and utterly delicious meal for kids of all ages, Grandma's Macaroni Soup (Alphabet Soup) is a century-old recipe that still satisfies.
- 1 pound box of macaroni or alphabet pasta (any pasta of your choice will do)
- 2 small cans tomato paste (5 oz)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil pasta until done.
- When pasta is cooked, carefully drain most of the water, leaving about an inch of water remaining over the top of the pasta.
- Add two cans tomato paste and a stick of butter
- Stir until butter is melted
- Add spices (garlic powder, salt and pepper)
- Allow to sit in pot on top of stove for 15 minutes (the pasta will absorb some of the water thickening it slightly)
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir in.
- Serve with bread and butter and enjoy.
Keywords: macaroni, pasta, soup, tomato, parmesan, kid, lunch, easy, fast