A stress-free, complete vegetarian meal can be on the table 30 minutes! A fresh basil pesto makes this Asparagus Tortellini next level.
- 1 lb bag pre-made cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 oz fresh basil
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C fresh blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.Drain and set aside.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cut asparagus on bias into 1" pieces using top 3/4 part. Add to oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop garlic, basil and 1/2 of the walnuts very fine. Add to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tortellini and toss to coat with pesto mixture and asparagus. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes and then add parmesan cheese and toss.
- Remove from heat and plate while sprinkling blue cheese over pasta and add remaining chopped nuts.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: tortellini, pasta, vegetarian, asparagus, blue cheese, pesto