- 1 lb bag pre-made cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 oz fresh basil
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C fresh blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.Drain and set aside.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cut asparagus on bias into 1" pieces using top 3/4 part. Add to oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop garlic, basil and 1/2 of the walnuts very fine. Add to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tortellini and toss to coat with pesto mixture and asparagus. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes and then add parmesan cheese and toss.
- Remove from heat and plate while sprinkling blue cheese over pasta and add remaining chopped nuts.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Serving Size: 2 Cups
- Calories: 1352
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 1876.3 mg
- Fat: 68.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 133.7 g
- Protein: 55.1 g
- Cholesterol: 161.4 mg
Keywords: tortellini, pasta, vegetarian, asparagus, blue cheese, pesto