- 1 1/2 pound salmon fillet
- 8 oz package white mushrooms
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 3 oz olive oil
- 1/4 C blackened seasoning
- 2 lemons
- Clean tomatoes, jalapeños and mushrooms. Place them in a small mixing bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Cut salmon into 6-8 pieces
- Heat large cast iron skillet on top of stove until hot. Add vegetables and cook over high for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 4 more minutes. Remove from heat ands set aside
- Return cast iron skillet to stove and heat to high. Coat both sides of all salmon with blackened seasoning*.
- Place a few slices of salmon skin down in hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes. (Note: Make sure kitchen is well ventilated as seasoning will create a smoke. Don’t worry it's ok!)
- Turn salmon and cook another 3 minutes. Continue until all fish has been cooked.
- Remove and place on serving plate. Add vegetables and squeeze lemon juice over both.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
MAKE BLACKENED SEASONING: Combine 2 Tbsp smoked paprika, 1 Tbsp cumin, 2 tsp Cayenne pepper, 1 Tbsp onion powder, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano together in a bowl, to use as blackened seasoning mix for salmon (OR USE STORE BOUGHT SEASONING).
This can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: entrées
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 4808.6 mg
- Fat: 19.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: salmon, blackened, seasoning, cajun, easy, dinner, fish