- 2 lb beef short ribs
- 1/4 C olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cups enchilada sauce
- 1 C chipotle sauce
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1 medium head red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 C canned green chillies
- 1 C diced tomatoes
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 12-14 6" tortillas
To make the braised short ribs:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a Dutch oven (preferably porcelain lined), place on stove and add olive oil.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium high heat, turning ribs until browned.
- Remove from heat and top with enchilada sauce, red wine vinegar and chipotle sauce, cover with lid and place in oven and roast until fork tender (approximately 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Remove from sauce and “shred" from bones. place meat back in sauce and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
To make the red cabbage slaw:
- Mix shredded cabbage along with green chilies, tomatoes, chopped garlic and cilantro.
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit 15 minutes up to overnight.
Assemble the tacos:
- Warm tortillas by package directions.
- Fill the shells with short rib beef, slaw and your favorite toppings. We like cheese, jalapeños, sour cream and avocados.