A beautiful hand made dumpling, with Asian and Thai flavors that are both fresh and full of complex flavors.
- 15-20 wonton wrappers (we bought 5x5 in sized and used a 4 inch biscuit cutter to cut into round wrappers)
- 8 ounces fresh chicken breast
- 1/4 C finely diced red pepper
- 1/4 C finely chopped peanuts
- 1/2 C diced red cabbage
- 1/4 Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp green onions, diced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- In a mixing bowl, combine red pepper, peanuts, cabbage, cilantro, garlic and sesame oil.
- Allow to sIt while finely chopping chicken breast (the finer you can chop it the better).
- Add chicken to mixing bowl and combine well.
- Place 1 tbsp of mixture in center of wrap and wet the outer edge with a wet finger. Fold wrapper together as instructed on wrapper package.
- To cook, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in large skillet and place dumplings in pan and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add 1/4 C water, cover immediately with lid, and cook for 5-6 minutes to steam dumplings.
- TO MAKE SAUCE:
- combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix.
- Serve dumplings garnished with green onions and dipping sauce.