Cocoa Drop Cookies are an old fashioned, family favorite Christmas cookie recipe. They are deliciously chocolatey, soft, and very easy to make.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Mix sugar, margarine, salt and eggs thoroughly.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Chill for one hour.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough about 2" apart on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Keywords: chocolate, cocoa, Christmas cookie, cookie, drop, bake, easy, simple, Christmas, holiday