- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp dark paprika
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz of your favorite beer (we used IPA, however it was bitter for some. I liked it alot, but for a more subtle flavor use a lager)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter then add the flour and whisk and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bottle of beer and whisk until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and paprika and continue to whisk until all cheese has melted and product is smooth (about 5 minutes).
- USE IT AS BEER CHEESE SAUCE: There is no milk or heavy cream in the recipe (just cheese) so it is thick and perfect for dipping, not runny!
- MAKE AHEAD: you can make this dip ahead of time. Store it in the fridge and heat it up in a sauce pan (or microwave) minutes before you are ready to serve.
- STORAGE: Beer Cheese Dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: German American
- Serving Size: 1/2 C
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 217.4 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 53.5 mg
Keywords: game day, tailgating, football food, football, pretzels, beer cheese, cheese, craft beer, beer, cheddar, dip, sauce