For the hollandaise sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
For the Benedict:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 3 slices Godshall's Turkey Bacon
- 4 Tablespoons Hollandaise Sauce
- Pinch of Paprika
To Make the Hollandaise Sauce:
- In a medium bowl, whisk 3 egg yolks and 1 tbsp lemon juice until thickened and doubled in size.
- Place over pan of simmering water, being careful so the bowl does not touch the water.
- While whisking rapidly, slowly drizzle in 1/2 C butter and continue whisking until all butter has been added.
- Remove from heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper and set aside.
To Assemble the Benedict:
- Cook Godshall's Turkey Bacon according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat a small sauce pan with about 3 inches of water, along with a pinch of salt.
- Bring water to an almost boil and add a tbsp white vinegar.
- Crack 2 Eggs into a separate bowl and then give the water a stir while slowly dropping eggs directly into water, one at a time.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4-5 minutes until white of egg has tightened up.
- Prepare muffins by toasting and topping with bacon slices cut in half.
- Remove the eggs from the sauce pan using a slotted spoon and place on top of bacon and top with 2 tbsp sauce on each egg.
- Garnish with paprika and serve hot.
- Repeat as needed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: brunch
- Serving Size: 2 Eggs Benedicts
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 2951 mg
- Fat: 48.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6 g
- Protein: 20.9 g
- Cholesterol: 645.6 mg
Keywords: eggs, Eggs Benedict, brunch, breakfast, bacon, turkey, hollandaise, sauce, poached