This gourmet Balsamic Fig Flatbread is sure to be the hit of the party! A balsamic glaze drizzle tops dried figs, proscuitto & goat cheese.
- 1 12" pizza dough ball
- dried golden figs and mission figs (10-12 each)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 oz prosciutto
- 1 C fresh arugula
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- First start by adding crushed red pepper to olive oil and microwave for 30-45 seconds and allow to rest.
To prepare the fig balsamic glaze:
- Place a medium sauce pan on stove over medium heat and add 1 cup water and 1 garlic clove along with 5-6 mission figs and allow to cook for 8 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, sugar and honey and lower heat to low and cook 5 minutes while pressing down on figs to release the full flavor of figs.
- Remove from stove and strain mixture thru a fine sieve and transfer back to pan and allow to cook 5-7 minutes more on medium-low heat or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove and transfer to a glass container and refrigerate.
To assemble flatbread:
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll out dough until its 1/4" thick. Place dough on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Drizzle chili oil over flatbread and smooth over dough.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes and then remove and top with remaining figs sliced into 1/4 in slices.
- Return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until bread is brown and crispy.
- Remove and add prosciutto slices and goat cheese and top with arugula.
- Drizzle flatbread with the fig balsamic glaze and serve.
Keywords: flatbread, pizza, fig, dried fig, golden fig, mission fig, arugula, appetizer, vegetarian, party food