- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 puffed pastry sheet
- 3 Eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 TBSP parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 TBSP dry blue cheese
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
To prepare the tomatoes:
- (this can be done up to a week in advance and stored in refrigerator)
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. and place on oven safe cooking pan and sprinkle with garlic powder, olive oil and salt and pepper and bake in a 200 degree oven for 4-5 hours until desired doneness. (they should have some texture to them still and not browned.
- Remove from oven, place a in container, and add vinegar. Cover and store in refrigerator until cooled.
To assemble soufflé:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using an oven safe metal soufflé pan (ours were 5 inches in diameter) Cut pastry so that it is the size of the diameter plus the the height of pan.
- Lay pastry into pans and press into sides.
- Cook bacon, drain fat and chop into 1/2" pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk. Add all cheeses and combine.
- Divide mixture into pans evenly and fill to the top.
- Sprinkle Bacon onto egg mixture.
- Using remaining puff pastry pieces, cut eight 2" by 1/2" triangles and lay on top of egg mixture (4 per soufflé to form decorative top.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and add tomato pieces to top and return to oven. Continue to cook for approx. 10 minutes or until puff pastry is browned (egg mixture will bubble over the edges, this is fine).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm as a breakfast or with a salad for a quick and easy dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: French-American
- Serving Size: 1 each
- Calories: 1121
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 2445.5 mg
- Fat: 77.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4 g
- Protein: 45.5 g
- Cholesterol: 396.5 mg
Keywords: brunch, soufflé, savory, cheese, bacon, shower, weekend, copy cat, Panera, Panera Bread