For the tuna patties:
- 8 oz fresh ahi tuna
- 1/2 C cracker crumbs (we used a club crackers )
- 1 tbsp old bay seafood seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 c cocktail sauce
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- Tsp fresh lime juice
- Dice tuna into 1/4" pieces and place in a mixing bowl
- Squeeze one fresh lime wedge onto tuna
- Salt and pepper tuna, and mix in old bay seasoning
- Crush crackers and cilantro and mix to an oatmeal consistency (you want some larger pieces)
- In a separate bowl, scramble the egg and add to tuna.
- Combine cracker crumbs with tuna and mix together (it will look wet, don't worry the crackers will absorb the liquid).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high and add tbsp olive oil
- Divide tuna mixture into 3 equal parts and form into balls and lightly smash to flatten top and bottom
- Place in sauté pan and cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lime and drizzle with tuna sauce
- MAKE A TUNA BURGER: make a larger sized patty put it on a bun with fresh tomato & lettuce for an out of this world, healthier burger
- DON'T OVER-MIX: make sure to keep larger pieces of tuna in the mix for optimum flavor.
- LEFTOVER TUNA STEAK: got leftovers? This is the perfect tasty and easy fresh tuna recipe!
- SERVE OVER A BED OF GREENS: for an easy, gluten free meal
- STORE in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer or sandwich
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: fresh, tuna, ahi, tuna steak, leftover, leftover tuna,