Fresh Ahi Tuna Cakes are a delicious meal made with fresh ahi tuna steaks. They are also a great way to use leftover tuna steak.
- 8 oz fresh ahi tuna
- 1/2 C cracker crumbs (we used a club crackers )
- 1 tbsp old bay seafood seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 egg
- Fresh lime
- Olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 c cocktail sauce
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- Tsp fresh lime juice
- Dice tuna into 1/4″ pieces and place in a mixing bowl
- Squeeze one fresh lime wedge onto tuna
- Salt and pepper tuna, and mix in old bay seasoning
- Crush crackers to an oatmeal consistency (you want some larger pieces)
- In a separate bowl, scramble the egg and add to tuna.
- Combine cracker crumbs with tuna and mix together (it will look wet, don’t worry the crackers will absorb the liquid).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high and add tbsp olive oil
- Divide tuna mixture into 3 equal parts and form into balls and lightly smash to flatten top and bottom
- Place in sauté pan and cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lime and drizzle with tuna sauce
Keywords: fresh, tuna, ahi, tuna steak, leftover, leftover tuna,