The BEST recipe for Game Day Wings is here! Spicy Chicken Wings are great deep fried, oven baked, or in the air fryer. All 3 recipes included!
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 LB fresh chicken wings
- 2 C flour
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C hot sauce
- 1/4 C BBQ sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Combine flour, garlic powder,salt and black pepper. Place mixture in large container with lid or large ziplock bag.
- Add wings to mixture and toss to coat wings and then remove wings and shake off excess.
THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO COOK THE WINGS:
To deep fry:
- Deep fry in vegetable oil for 25 minutes heated to 375° and drain from oil and toss in sauce.
To air fry:
- Bake in air fryer or in the oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of 165°. Toss the wings every 10 minutes to assure even cooking.
To bake in oven:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning half way through to make sure they are cooked evenly.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Soften butter and add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- When wings are done cooking transfer hot wings to sauce and toss to coat.
Keywords: tailgating, football food, chicken wings, wings, bar food, appetizers, chicken, Buffalo, Buffalo sauce