AMP UP your grilling game with Hot Sausage Burgers! Topped with fire roasted tomatoes and all the fixings, each bite is a flavor explosion.
- 8 ounces bulk hot sausage
- 2 ounces salami, diced
- 1/4 C peppers, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 brioche buns
- 3 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sausage, peppers and salami and mix until combined.
- Divide in 3 equal parts and form into patties.
- Heat grill to high and spray with cooking spray. Place tomatoes on grill and turn every 30 seconds until blistered. Then remove from grill and place in medium sauté pan along with garlic, olive oil and onions.
- Cook over low heat while smashing tomatoes with a fork. Continue to cook until mixture resembles a thick sauce about 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook sausage patties over medium high heat on grill (about 4 minutes each side).
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare buns by spraying with cooking oil. Divide fennel seeds and place on top of bun.
- Place burger on bun and top with tomato mixture and slice of cheese.
Keywords: burger, sausage, grilled, grilling, meat, tomato, spicy, hot, Italian, pork