A beautiful side dish with sweetness followed by a subtle, zesty finish
- 10 oz fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/2 C pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 C diced fresh carrots
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 TBSP olive oil with chili pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Clean and slice brussels sprouts into 1/4 inch slices and place in medium bowl
- Add diced carrots and toss with 1/2 C olive oil, coating all vegetables
- Place in single layer on baking sheet and roast in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting combine maple syrup, cinnamon, brown sugar, chili pepper olive oil and crushed red peppers in a small bowl.
- Remove vegetables and place in bowl and toss with mixture.
- Place them back on baking sheet and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss in pomegranate seeds and salt and pepper to taste.