For the crust:
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 c Bob's Red Mill Unbleached Organic AP Flour
- 1/4 c heavy cream or half & half
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
For the Filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened ( use the full fat version)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 C Nutella
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
For the glaze:
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c Nutella
- 1/4 c or more heavy cream
- Strawberries for garnish
- Prepare one 12” or two 8” spring form pans by cutting parchment paper to cover bottom. Spray sides with cooking spray and set aside.
To make the crust:
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla and cream until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Spread dough into pan(s), pressing down until even and spread to edges.
- Place pan into pre-heated 350° oven for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Start to mix filling.
To make filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the Nutella, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add heavy cream and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Turn oven temperature down to 300°.
- Prepare pans by wrapping them in foil about half way up the sides to prevent water running in bottom of pan.
- Place pan(s) in baking dish with at least 2 inch sides. Place pan(s) inside baking dish and place on center rack ion oven.
- Pour hot water into baking dish until water is half way up the sides of the pan.
- Pour cheese mixture into pans and level with a spatula.
- Cook in oven for 1 hour. Make sure sides of cake are set as middle may seem jiggly. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to sit in oven for another hour.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour in fridge.
To make glaze:
- On very low heat, combine chocolate chips, Nutella and cream, stirring until half melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over cheesecake and serve.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- This recipe can be refrigerated up to 5 days (if it lasts that long).
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 707
- Sugar: 57.6 g
- Sodium: 370.4 mg
- Fat: 46.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.2 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 133.8 mg