This tomato based soup gives you all of the flavors of lasagna without the hours of baking. One Pot Lasagna Soup is comfort food for the soul.
- 10 oz dry lasagne noodles
- 1/4 C salt
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 C ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- Start by boiling 2 Qts of water with 1/4 C salt. Once water is boiling, break up lasagna noodles with your hands into bite size pieces and place in water and boil for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain Pasta and allow to cool at room temperature
- Using the same pot, add the ground beef, along with the onion and pepper, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Dice pepperoni and add to the beef mixture.
- Once the beef has browned, add chopped garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Chop mushrooms very fine and add to pot and continue to cook until tomatoes have broken down.
- Add tomato sauce and reduce to simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- If soup has thickened, up add 1/2 C water and stir in cooked lasagna noodles.
- Continue to simmer adding water if needed to the desired consistency.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Add chopped Parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with ricotta cheese and enjoy.
- MAKE IT SPICY: substitute ground beef with Italian Sausage and sprinkle with Red Pepper Flakes.
- GO LEAN: Use ground turkey instead of ground beef and go easy on this cheese for a healthier version that tastes just as good.
- Don't be tempted to use oven ready lasagna noodles. They just don't taste as good, and you'll have plenty of time to cook the broken lasagna noodles.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.