A great combination of beers and brats all nestled in a great bun with Pittsburgh-style sauerkraut
- 2 Smithfield Yuengling Lager Bratwursts
- 2 sausage rolls
- FOR THE SAUERKRAUT:
- 2 C shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/4 C white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- pinch sesame seeds
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of poppy seeds
- Spicy brown mustard
- Diced green onions
- 12 pierogies
- In a large sauce pan, place cabbage, oil and 1 C water. Cook over medium high heat stirring often. Add water as needed to keep it from browning. Continue to cook this for 10-15 minutes until cabbage has a very slight crisp bite. Make sure most of water is removed and add vinegar and sugar and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Grill brats according to package directions,
- Assemble sausage on bun and top with cabbage mixture and brown mustard.
- Serve with pierogies topped with cabbage mixture and diced green onions.