An restaurant style, slow cooked pork sandwhich you can make at home
- 1 2-3lb pork butt
- 1 C sherry wine
- 1 C cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 TBSP parsley flakes
- 2 TBSP crushed garlic
- 2 Apples peeled and quartered ( we used Macintosh but any apple will work )
- 1 large onion
- 2 Carrot
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 C radishes, sliced thin
- 1 TBSP sugar
- French baguette
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/2 C chili sauce
- Heavily salt and pepper the pork butt
- Rub with chopped garlic
- Sear pork butt on grill (or in a sauté pan) until browned on all sides (best to use high heat)
- After completely seared, place in a Dutch oven and add onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- Peel and core apples, cut in quarters, and place in Dutch oven with pork.
- Add 1/2 C sherry wine
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours
- While pork is cooking:
- Peel and shred carrots and place in a bowl with 1/2 cup cider vinegar and sugar.
- Refrigerate and allow carrots to "pickle"
- Slice radishes very thin and place in small bowl with water and refrigerate.
- To make the chili mayo: mix the mayo and chili sauce and set aside until sandwich is assembled.
- When pork is done, remove from oven and shred pork using two forks and pull apart pork butt until a "pulled pork" consistency.
- Be sure to shred the onions and apples as well.
- Add to the pork 1/2 c cider vinegar,1/2 C sherry wine, worchestire sauce, red pepper and parsley and combine.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes
- To assemble sandwich:
- Slice baguette in half and spread with chili mayo
- Place a layer of the sliced radishes on top of that
- Drain carrots and place large handful on top of radishes
- Top with pork mixture
- Add a layer of cilantro
- Close the sandwich up and enjoy the best sandwich you will ever eat.
Keywords: pulled pork, pork, slow cooker, sandwich, banh mi, baguette, meat,