- 1 1/2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White AP Flour
- 1 C canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp orange gel food coloring
- 12 oz bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and both sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter and orange food color.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter into a hot waffle iron and cook 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Continue until all waffles have been made, keeping warm in a 200° oven until ready to serve.
- In a small sauce pan, combine chocolate chips and cream and combine over low heat until well combined. Do not overheat.
- Serve waffles on plate and top with your favorite topping and drizzle with chocolate. We used our favorite granola as a garnish.
- Gluten-Free Waffles : substitute Bob's 1 to 1 Baking Flour for the AP flour, for the best, fluffy texture. Some recipes call for whole wheat flour, but we find this makes the waffles too dense. Check out our Gluten Free Chocolate Waffle recipe.
- No Pumpkin Pie Spice? Make your own! Combine 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, and 1/2 tsp allspice.
- Alternative milks: we used 2% for this recipe, but you can easily substitute with nut milk of your choice. We like oat milk & almond milk best.
- Toppings: we like ours drizzled in chocolate, but you can always use butter, maple syrup, pecans, walnuts, or whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast & brunch
- Method: n/a
- Serving Size: 2 waffles
- Calories: 623
- Sugar: 38.1 g
- Sodium: 871 mg
- Fat: 31.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 73.6 g
- Protein: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 87.5 mg
Keywords: waffle, pumpkin, spice, fall, Bob's Red Mill, autumn, chocolate, sugar, liège