- 1 1/2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White AP Flour
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp orange gel food coloring
- 12 oz bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and both sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter and orange food color.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter into a hot waffle iron and cook 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Continue until all waffles have been made, keeping warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- In a small sauce pan, combine chocolate chips and cream and combine over low heat until well combined. Do not overheat.
- Serve waffles on plate and top with your favorite topping and drizzle with chocolate. We used our favorite granola as a garnish.
Keywords: waffle, pumpkin, spice, fall, Bob's Red Mill, autumn, chocolate, sugar, liège