A refreshing and tasty alternative to deep fried veggies
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 C Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 C flour, divided
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 stick butter
- fresh parsley
- Cut cauliflower into small florets (the smaller the floret the better it will roast).
- Preheat oven to 425°, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, egg and 1/2 cup flour and mix until it forms a thin pancake batter consistency.
- In a large ziplock bag (or large container with lid), combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder and remaining flour.
- Strain cauliflower so that is still wet but not swimming in the batter and add to the crumb mixture. Toss very well until evenly coated.
- Transfer to lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. Time will depend on size of florets. They should be golden brown and fork tender.
- While this is baking, combine butter with juice from 1 lemon and mix together until combined. Add 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley and set aside to be used for dipping.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and squeeze juice from remaining lemons (It may seem like a lot but it makes this dish using a lot).
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.