Roasting Grapes brings out their natural sugars. Serving them in a fluffy Dutch Baby (German Pancake) with savory ricotta & herbs makes a FANTASTIC brunch.
- 1/2 C AP flour
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 C ricotta cheese
- 1 small bunch Divine Flavor Cotton Candy Grapes
- 1 small bunch Divine Flavor Wow Sweet Grapes
- 1 small bunch Divine Flavor Gummyberries
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 C goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
Prepare Dutch Baby Mix:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- In a blender, mix the flour, milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar for 20-30 seconds. Scrape sides and pulse again.
- Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes.
- Roast Grapes:
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil and all grapes along with thyme and rosemary in an oven safe dish and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- As soon as you remove grapes, turn up oven temp to 425°.
Prepare the Dutch Baby:
- Heat a cast iron or oven safe 8-10" sauté pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and being careful, add melted butter and swirl to coat pan.
- Add pancake batter and return to oven (place on middle rack).
- Allow to cook for 12-18 minutes or until golden brown and sides have risen.
- When pancake is done, transfer to a serving dish and add ricotta cheese, spreading over bottom.
- Place grapes on top of cheese, sprinkle pieces of goat cheese around grapes and drizzle with honey.
- Garnish with herbs from pan.
- Enjoy while warm.
Keywords: dutch baby, dutch babies, grapes, cotton candy, roasted grapes, rosemary, thyme, ricotta, brunch, breakfast, weekend