Roasted Tomato and Arugula Quiche is an easy recipe that is perfect for entertaining. This vegetarian savory quiche makes everyone happy.
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 TBSP cold butter (unsalted)
- 4-5 Tbsp ice water
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 C cheese diced or shredded (we use colby-jack)
- 1 C arugula
- 4 eggs
- 1 C whole milk
- Quarter and seed tomatoes. Place on baking sheet and bake in 275° oven for 45 minutes.
- Place jalapeño on baking sheet and roast with tomatoes
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare the pie crusts
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add butter cut up into small pieces and smash into flour until mixture is "pea" like.
- Mix with hands to combine and form dough.
- Add water one tbsp at a time until dough forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until tomatoes are done
- This recipe will make one deep dish (9 inch) quiche or two 5 inch individual ones (as pictured).
- Once tomatoes have roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer dough to floured surface and roll out till dough is 1/4 in thick.
- Transfer to pie pan and clean edges of dough overhanging pan
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Place cheese, diced jalapeño, diced tomatoes, arugula in pie pan
- Slowly pour egg mixture into pan and allow to sit as some of it will absorb into the vegetables. Fill to 1/4 in from top.
- Place in 325° oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice as you would a pie and enjoy.
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, vegetarian, arugula, tomato, quiche, cheese, egg, easy, entertaining