Fresh, seasonal asparagus and hearty mushrooms make this Rustic Asparagus Quiche a delicious choice for any meal of the day.
- 10” pie crust
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 C milk
- 3/4 C heavy cream
- 1 C asparagus pieces
- 1 C sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 C green onions, chopped
- 1 C shredded cheese (we used Monterey Jack & cheddar )
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° and bake pie shell for 10-12 minutes. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and prepare egg mixture by whisking eggs with milk and cream. Add nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Place cheese in bottom of pie crust. Add vegetables, then place the pie shell on a baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over vegetables, be careful not to overflow pie shell.
- Top with green onions and reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow top cool for 10 minutes before slicing
- this recipe uses a store bought pie crust to save time. To make your own homemade crust, get the recipe here.
Keywords: quiche, asparagus, vegetarian, egg, vegetable, easy, brunch, breakfast