For the salmon:
- 2-4ounce pieces of salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp blackened seasoning
For the salad:
- 1 large head of romaine (cleaned and chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove diced finely
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
For the croutons:
- 2 C French bread cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the croutons first, the salmon second and finish making the salad.
To make the croutons:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl add bread cubes and drizzle oil overtop while tossing.
- Add park cheese, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and spread to form a single layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To make salmon:
- Place oil in large sauté pan and place a piece of parchment paper in pan covering oil and heat to medium high.
- Sprinkle blackened spice over both sides of salmon to coat.
- Place salmon skin side down ( if using skin on salmon ) on top of parchment paper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn salmon over and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool to room temperature.
To make the salad and dressing:
- Use a large mixing bowl and add the egg yolks, mustard, fish sauce and garlic and mix to combine.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil and mix well using a whisk.
- Slowly drizzle the canola oil into mixture while whisking vigorously to allow oil to combine.
- Add chopped romaine, Parmesan cheese and toss to incorporate dressing into lettuce.
- Add croutons and then tear the salmon into 1/2 in chunks and top salad.
Serve immediately, salad will not stand to be refrigerated after.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 765
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 2471.2 mg
- Fat: 60 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 126.5 mg