These fluffy German Pancakes, made in a cast iron skillet are a crowd pleaser! Top them with bananas, chocolate, or syrup for brunch.
FOR THE GERMAN PANCAKE:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp all-spice
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1/4 C chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar and all-spice and mix with electric mixer until well blended and smooth.
- Place butter in 10 in cast iron skillet and place in oven.
- Once butter has melted, pour batter into skillet slowly to avoid butter splattering.
- Place pan back in oven and continue to cook about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- While in over prepare filling by slicing banana in 1/4 in slices and mixing in brown sugar, mayo and vanilla.
- Place hazelnut spread in microwave safe bowl along with cream and microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove and stir until blended and smooth.
- When pancake is done remove from oven and top with banana slices and drizzled chocolate- hazelnut mixture.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.