- 1 16 oz can black beans (drained)
- 4 Chipotle peppers
- 1/2 C finely diced carrots
- 1 C fresh spinach
- 1/2 C cilantro
- 1/2 C cojito fresco cheese
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 limes
- 2 12 inch flour tortillias
- pan spray
- In a small saucepan, add beans and carrots and 1/2 C water. Dice Chipotle peppers and add to beans.
- Cook over medium for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using a large sauté pan, lightly spray one side of tortilla and place oil side down in pan.
- Split bean mix, cheeses, spinach and cilantro in half and place half of beans on tortilla and top with both cheeses, cilantro and spinach.
- Cook over medium heat until browned and cheese is melted. About 3-5 minutes.
- Cut lime into wedge and squeeze juice over spinach.
- Fold tortilla in half and remove from pan.
- Repeat with second tortillia.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream or your favorite sides.
If you prefer your quesadillas less spicy, use half the amount of chipotles before adding to beans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entrée
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 651 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 78.3 g
- Protein: 20.3 g
- Cholesterol: 26.9 mg
Keywords: Mexican, quesadilla, vegetarian, meatless, black bean, tortilla, dinner, easy, appetizer, tailgating, game day