A flavorful and healthy dish that is great to warm you on a cold winter's day
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 C diced carrots
- 1 C diced yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C pepper (we used yellow ones)
- 1 C chopped mushrooms
- 1 C black beans (canned), drained
- 1 C frozen yellow corn
- 2 TBSP Chili powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 4 C water
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large stockpot add olive oil, diced onions, diced carrots and chopped garlic and sauté over medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add turkey and continue to cook until browned (about 10 minutes)
- Add all spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add diced peppers and black beans and combine.
- Add mushrooms and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and add water and yellow peppers and cover and simmer for 45 minutes stirring frequently.
- Top with Cilantro and sour cream (to taste)
- Optional toppings: jalapeño, shredded cheese.