A full-flavored authentic Korean wing recipe, perfectly suited for our all-American pastime
- 2 Lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 green onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp gochujang paste
- Oil for frying
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces
- Add corn starch to chicken pieces and mix until coated.
- Heat oil in pan and cook chicken until done about 10 minutes over medium high heat.
- Remove from oil and transfer to paper towels
- In a medium bowl combine, butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and gojuchang paste and wisk until combined.
- Transfer chicken to bowl with sauce and toss to coat all chicken pieces.
- Dice green onion and sprinkle over chicken.
- Serve with rice for a meal or separate as an appetizer.