A tangy, homemade Champagne Vinaigrette is the key ingredient to this light and refreshing Strawberry Salad. It's summer in a bowl.
- 1/2 C sparkling wine
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar (white balsamic is ideal)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
- 1 tsp finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Using day old champagne or sparkling wine is perfect (even if flat).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sparkling wine, garlic, sugar, mustard, juice from 1 lemon and shallot and allow to sit for 10 minutes while preparing your favorite salad.
- Add remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix together.
- While drizzling oil slowly into dressing whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days in refrigerate and top your favorite greens
Keywords: salad, summer, strawberry, strawberries, vinaigrette, homemade, champagne, light, healthy, fruit