Say goodbye to boring green beans!! This is one delicious side dish perfect for a holiday dinner (or any meal).
- 8 oz fresh string beans
- 2 oz sliced prosciutto
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil and blanch beans for 3-4 minutes
- Drain and run cold water over beans for 1 minute.
- In a large sauté pan, add oil and butter and heat over medium high until butter is melted.
- Add garlic clove (whole) to pan
- Take thin slices of prosciutto and julienne into thin pieces.
- Peel and slice shallot as thin as possible.
- When butter has melted, sprinkle shallots and prosciutto into pan and cook until crispy, mixing constantly (about 1 minute). Remove and place on paper towel to soak up grease.
- Add green beans to saute pan and cook for approx. 3 -5 minutes depending on desired tenderness.
- Remove beans and place on serving plate and sprinkle with crispy toppings.
Keywords: beans, green beans, string beans, side dish, side, holiday, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, vegetable