A flavorful and impressive side dish to serve with any protein (or simply add your protein to the top of the risotto for a one dish meal.
- 3 C Arborio rice
- 6 C water
- 1/4 C chicken base
- 6 oz white mushrooms
- 3 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 3 oz crimini mushrooms
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup garlic flavored olive oil
- 1/4 C truffle oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a stock pot, bring water and chicken base to a soft boil
- Chop all mushrooms into 1/4 inch pieces and mix together
- In a large saute pan add oil, I clove of garlic chopped and mushrooms and cook over medium heat stirring frequently (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- In a third and large sauce pan, melt 1/4 stick of butter and add Arborio rice. Mix so that butter coats the rice.
- Over medium heat, cook the rice adding the chicken broth in 2 C increments and allow to cook, stirring very frequently until liquid is absorbed.
- As the rice absorbs liquid, add another two cups of broth and repeat process until rice is "al dente" and rice is consistency of oatmeal.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushroom mixture.
- Add remaining butter and grated Parmesan cheese stirring to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and drizzle truffle oil to taste over risotto.