A one pot meal that is guaranteed to please, especially on a cold day. Tuscan peasant soup has all the right ingredients that is pure comfort food.
- 1 pound sausage (we use a breakfast style pork sausage)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/2 C diced red pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 C Italian leaf parsley
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 1 TBSP Chicken Base
- 3/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TBSP crushed Red Pepper flakes
- 1 Quart water
- In a large stock pot, add olive oil, diced onion and diced garlic and cook over medium heat until translucent ( about 5 minutes)
- Add sausage and cook until all sausage is browned, breaking up sausage as it cooks.
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes to pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 quart water and chicken base and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cut green beans and crushed red pepper and reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy
Keywords: soup, sausage, vegetable, broth, potato, chicken, tuscan, beans