An Italian classic with fresh flavors and a creamy texture with a base of peppery arugula
- 2 C canned rinsed navy beans
- 6 oz chopped pancetta (can substitute bacon if needed)
- 4 oz olive oil (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes (julienned)
- 1 quart fresh arugula
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 ounces oil in medium sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is soft.
- Remove garlic and discard. Now add pancetta and cook until slightly brown, about 5-6 minutes stirring often.
- Add beans along with red pepper and black pepper and 1/2 C water and cook over medium heat until water is absorbed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Allow to cool to room temperature
- To assemble place arugula on plate and top with bean mixture and garnish with extra sun dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle remaining oil and juice from lemon on top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.