Looking for an easy vegetarian snack? Veggie, Ricotta & Honey Tartines combine seasonal fresh vegetables with savory ricotta cheese & a touch of honey.
- 4 thick slices of your favorite bread (we used sourdough).
- 1 1/2 C ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp dill
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 C pea shoots or arugula
- 1/4 C honey
FOR THE VEGGIES:
- 1/2 C sliced carrots (we used baby tri-colored)
- 1/2 C fresh sliced radishes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 C vinegar (cider or white)
- 1 C hot water
TO MARINATE VEGGIES:
- Mix hot water, vinegar and sugar together. Add carrots and radishes and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Toast or grill the bread, and while toasting mix the ricotta cheese with the dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta evenly over the toast. Drain the carrots and radishes and layer over ricotta.
- Top with pea shoots and drizzle honey over top.
Keywords: veggie, vegetarian, vegetable, snack, savory, ricotta, cheese, sourdough, bread, carrot, radish