When life gets in the way, 15 Minute Tomato Sauce is a fresh and delicious alternative to sauce in the jar. Dinner can be on the table in 30 minutes!
- 4 Large ripe Tomatoes or 8 Roma Tomatoes (or substitute 1 29 oz can crushed tomatoes)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 C sliced green onions
- 6-8 basil leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- Peel and chop garlic cloves
- In a large sauté pan, add oil, garlic and green onions and sauté over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces and add to sauté pan and cook down while stirring often about 10 minutes.
- At this point you can use an emulsion blender if you like a smoother sauce. If not, go ahead and add the sugar and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Tear basil leaves and add to sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Keywords: tomato, sauce, vegetarian, tomato sauce, easy, dinner, pasta, Italian, fresh