- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (red skins work just as well)
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 C milk
- Cut potatoes and place in stock pot (can leave skin on or peel depending on your personal preference) and cover with cold water making sure you have about 3 inches water over top of potatoes.
- Boil until potato slides off fork when inserted.
- Drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix potatoes till roughly mixed.
- Add 1/2 stick butter and cream cheese and continue mixing.
- Add milk a 1/4 cup at a time while continuing to mix until potatoes reach the desired consistency.
- Slice remaining butter in 1/4" "pats" and place on top of potatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 214 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 31.7 mg
Keywords: mashed potatoes, potato, the best, side dish, creamy, buttery, leftover, vegetarian