The ultimate, creamiest mashed potatoes recipe with a key ingredient you never knew was missing. Amazing Mashed Potatoes are even better as leftovers!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (redskins work just as well)
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 C milk
- Cut potatoes and place in stock pot (can leave skin on or peel depending on your personal preference) and cover with cold water making sure you have about 3 inches water over top of potatoes.
- Boil until potato slides off fork when inserted.
- Drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix potatoes till roughly mixed.
- Add 1/2 stick butter and cream cheese and continue mixing.
- Add milk a 1/4 cup at a time while continuing to mix until potatoes reach the desired consistency.
- Slice remaining butter in 1/4" "pats" and place on top of potatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: mashed potatoes, potato, the best, side dish, creamy, buttery, leftover, vegetarian