The perfect oven roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe, flavored with apple cider for the right amount of sweetness. Crispy, caramelized and delicious.
- 1.5 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 quart apple cider
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C almonds
- Clean brussels sprouts. Place in a deep dish and cover with apple cider. Place a plate on top to weigh them down (so they stay covered in cider).
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes up to over night.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large cast iron (oven safe) skillet, heat oil and add julienned onions and garlic cloves.
- Cook for 10 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Drain brussel sprouts and add to pan.
- Stir to coat with onions and place in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes (depending on size of sprouts).
- Remove from oven and toss with chopped almonds and serve.
Keywords: holiday, Brussels sprouts, vegetable, side dish, apple cider, roasted, oven roasted, caramelized, sweet, crispy, Thanksgiving