Asparagus & Mushroom Flatbread is a veggie lover's delight: a perfectly grilled crust with in-season produce and amazing asiago cheese
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 4 ounces asparagus spears
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 ounce fresh red onion slivers
- 1/2 C pre-made pesto sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 6 oz asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 550°.
- Using a room temperature pizza crust, roll it out on counter covered with flour. Its best if you roll it out into a natural shape.
- Allow dough to set while slicing mushrooms into 1/8 inch slices and asparagus into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Spread dough with pesto sauce and and garlic chopped into small pieces.Place mushrooms and asparagus on top and place in oven for 6-8 minutes on a baking stone or pizza pan.
- After 6 minutes add shredded asiago cheese and red onions and return to oven for 6-8 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.